Thursday, November 3, 2011

PEN Lovers Group

I just discovered a Malaysian based PEN Lovers group on Facebook. I asked to join the group, was accepted and am quite excited about sharing and exchanging photographic experiences with members of the group.

I bought my PEN E-P3 a couple of months or so ago but I have mixed feelings about the output from the camera. I wanted a more portable camera than the Olympus E620 that I also own, and I chose the PEN over the Sony Nex. Both my cameras have the four thirds sensor and there have been times when I doubted my purchase of the PEN.

After browsing through the albums at the PEN Lovers group, I am no longer as doubtful! I think there are some really good photographers there, and I can learn to use my PEN camera more effectively from them. I am very excited and look forward to acquiring more lenses for my PEN. I already own the 14mm-42mm kit lens and a Panasonic 45-200mm f/4.0-5.6. I am eyeing the 45mm portrait lens and the 12mm wide angle lens.

Here are a few pictures that I took recently with my PEN, shot with the 14mm-42mm kit lens.


The marine layer/low cloud is actually a few miles from where he is standing.


I love the soft and yellowish evening light. Some might think the color is a little off but that was how the light sorta looked like that evening.


A blue bellied lizard.


I used a monopod for this night shot. Without the monopod the slow shutter speed would have made for a blurry shot. There was no way I was able to hand hold a camera at a low shutter speed without causing blurriness!

No comments:

Post a Comment